Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I Got You

A friend once told me, an apology is something that both creates a rift and a bridge between people.

Quite true.

An apology, when said too many times, will make one party superbly guilty, while leaving another party in an always-forgiving nature. This can create a dangerous gap, whereby the guilty party will have increasing debt to repay the forgiving party, while the forgiving party will always smile and says, "It's OK. I don't mind!"

When the gap widens as the debt increases, communication starts to break down. The usual long conversation will get shorter and shorter, and the topic will be more limited.

In the end, it's just like a toffee being stretched to wide. It snaps.


But for some others, when you apologise, the other party will say, "It's OK. I've got you". According to most respondents, when friends really 'got you' when you need help, you will be very grateful and do the same to others. That closes down the rift. If the friend really understands you, a commitment of trust is built.

Even when the gap widens, the bridge is still there. Even the bridge is snapping half, there would always be a ship down there, hoisting a flag 'I got you'



So, what I wanted to say is, throughout my life, there have been successful and unsuccessful apologies. But, I would like to express my utmost thanks to those who can understand my emotional turmoil.

You made me a better person.

I GOT YOU.


No comments:

Post a Comment