Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chloe


Warning: This blog post might be hard to see due to its conflicting colours.




I am going to write the entire blog in RED, in honour of CHLOE, my dear friend, who has just passed away.




I have met Chloe when I was in Foundation 2009, Semester 2. We both met at Introduction to Sociology class. The first day we met, I remembered passing the attendance list to her and she passed it back to me, thinking I hadn't signed. Then from there, we started talking. She said my face is familiar throughout the lecture halls. She said she could see me everywhere. Then I jokingly replied saying I never saw her before. She said, 'Because I am not famous mah!' Then I shot back, 'I famous meh?' Then she laughed...




* * *


I am sorry for taking your photos without permission. But would you allow me to spread your heart to everyone?

When I saw Chloe, the first impression was: RED. She had a red scarf across her neck, a pair of red sneakers, holding a red file with a red pencil box in her bag. Even her handphone was red.




RED, was her signature. (And always be)




She had a wonderful personality. She was hardworking. She could finish the entire Socio assignment in just a week and passed to me for checking. I didn't know how she did that. And I will never know for now. Her speed and diligence had made me comfortable throughout Sem 2 because she had lifted off a burden of assignment list from my mind, so I can focus the other 5 assignments.




Her voice was confident. She knew what she was doing. And you could never take a second chance. Her presentation skills had made my jaw dropped. Despite certain 'uhs' and 'ahs', she could finish the presentation smoothly and answered our tutor's questions well.




Besides that, she was fun and exciting. I remembered we were having a Midterm examination. She and her gang wore all RED into class and sat the last row. I admired her leadership and her attitudes. That RED WAVE in the lecture hall will burn in my mind forever.




Then, we never saw each other again...




Till degree year 1, I saw you rushing by when I was rushing by as well. We just said 'hi' to each other and rushed to class respectively.




A short 'hi'. But a friendly smile. That accounts for EVERYTHING.




Yet, I have never expected you to go so quickly.




It was a shock, yes, and I can't help blaming myself for not blessing you much. I thought it was... ah, never mind...




You have made my life to see RED in a different perspective (because I used to dislike RED, it is so feminine). You taught me what are GANGS. You taught me how to be diligent. You taught me to find humour in every aspect of life.




Your RED, is your passion. Your life.




Now, I cannot say something to you in person anymore. But I know:




YOU ARE BEING SENT TO HEAVEN TO PAINT OUR SKIES WITH STARS THAT SHINE ON US AND PROTECT US.

IN RETURN, WE SHALL TAKE YOUR STARS AND REMEMBER YOU IN OUR HEARTS, SPREADING LOVE TO EVERYONE WE KNOW.

WE WILL NOT MISS YOU
BECAUSE



YOU ARE ALWAYS IN OUR HEART
FOREVER
R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment